Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cold, Snowy Day

Thanks to my nifty new temperature gauge I got for Kwanzaa, I was able to tell that it was 22° F when I got up this morning (WLOS had a reading of 16). Today was supposed to be my first day back to work after all the holiday time off but I ended up not going in. It snowed last night and left a nice blanket over most of the area. I only had a couple inches but there was a thin sheet of ice on the parking lot underneath the snow so I didn't go in at the normal time. The sun popped through the clouds and started to melt it off a bit around 10:00 AM, and I'd planned on going in to work around lunch time. I sat down and took a few cat naps though and let time slip away until it was too late. Pity.

I was a little congested when I woke up and it's gotten progressively worse since then. I figure my body was trying to get me prepped for some nastiness by getting the extra sleep in. Always fun to start a new year by being sick. Hopefully it's just a little cold and not the funk my sister and her family had before the holidays.

No comments: