Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Random Crap

A few weeks ago I decided I didn't like how I signed my name. So I sat down with a pen and a pad of paper and started experimenting with new ways to do it. It took me a bit to do...you have to make it legible but at the same time you don't want it looking too textbook. Then there's the whole "how does it feel when I write it" factor that I had to consider. I finally managed to come up with a nice mix of the old style and enough new flair to appease myself. I've been signing it more or less the same way for a couple decades now so it's taking me a bit to get used to doing it differently. It does give me a sense of something "new" every time I pause and remember to use the new signature though.

----

Went to the annual October Birthday Extravaganza at the parents' house this past weekend to celebrate my dad and sister's birthdays. Everything went fine and I had a good time; it was a typical birthday visit. My oldest nephew is in the midst of puberty and is changing dramatically every time I see him. It's cool to see the beginnings of what he's going to look like as an adult. You can definitely see my brother in his emerging face and body type, with some of his mother's features mixed in as well.

---

I had supper on Monday night to celebrate Lisa's birthday. Her mother and older sister drove up from Florida to surprise her and she invited a few of us over for food. Her sister made her from-scratch sauce and meatballs served over mini-penne pasta with a nice salad and bread, and we ended the meal with Mark's homemade tiramisu. Everything was fantastic. We managed to work our way through at least 4 bottles of wine between the nine of us (not to mention the wine vinegar dip for the bread and salad and the wine & rum in the tiramisu) so things were getting a bit giggly by the end of the evening. I gained at least 5lbs, but it was all worth it.

--

Had lunch today at a little hole-in-the-wall fast food Chinese restaurant near work called "New 1 China". The food is excellent and very reasonably priced. The fortune in my fortune cookie read: It's time to bring out your dreamy, loving side. I know it's just a random phrase in a cheap cookie, but considering the direction my thoughts have been heading lately it's creepily appropriate.

-

No comments: